Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Doing Time As A JMC Major

What have I learned in JMC 410? Everything I need to complete the feeling of being a senior and being ready to enter the real world.
Now it isn't that you will learn everything in this one JMC class, but this class definitely sums up the others we have taken before and helps solidify the writers we are and can be. I don't think this class could have been what it was without those classes that preceded it. Not everyone will take Professor Klyde for other JMC classes but if you have the opportunity to, do. I could never feel more prepared to graduate than with the help from Professor Klyde's classes.
Entering UNC as a transfer student and switching to a major vastly different from my last, I had no idea what this school or journalism program would entail. I am happy to say it has overwhelmingly meet my expectations. UNC is a school about its students, the professors are your advisers, mentors and friends and the JMC program offers everything you need to become whatever you want to be in the writing world.
If you are a student looking to attend UNC, I can't vouch for every program at this school, but as for the journalism and communications courses and professors, they are a blessing in disguise and a joy to be with for the years spent here. I would highly recommend a journalism or communications major to any and all who want a great experience in college and a feeling of satisfaction when you leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment